Eligibility: You are eligible to apply if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in modality of practice.
- Active credentialed member of Sonography Canada.
Participants in this program work in RAD-AID teams to assess, plan and implement international radiology services. At the completion of the project, participants are required to:
Submit a written report summarizing your work, to be used by other RAD-AID team members for planning next steps in project management (required by all program participants).
Submit one or more of the following to Sonography Canada:
- An article, suitable for publication by Sonography Canada, which summarizes the project, the participant’s experience and/or data. Submission may not be the same item used in collaboration with RAD-AID team members for publication in a scholarly journal. Sonography Canada retains the rights to materials submitted by the participant to the Sonography Canada. Publication of each submission is at the discretion of Sonography Canada.
- Application or abstract to provide an oral presentation of the project at a Sonography Canada-sponsored conference or event. Selection as a presenter is at the discretion of the Sonography Canada.
- A story or photo essay for the Sonography Canada website, written in collaboration with staff, for web publication and distribution via social media.
Submit one or more of the following to RAD-AID:
- Application or abstract to provide an oral presentation (with slide deck) of the project at the RAD-AID Conference on International Radiology for Developing Countries. *Subject to RAD-AID Conference Committee approval.
- Maintain a blog or submit a photo journal of your project experiences. RAD-AID retains the rights to materials submitted by the participant to RAD-AID.
How to Apply
To complete the web-based program application, interested individuals must first request a personalized application web-link by completing an application request form. Once submitted, all applications will remain eligible for consideration with no need to resubmit the application.
- Applications are reviewed by RAD-AID and organized in order of preference based on selective factors including but not limited to:
- Certification in modality of need by outreach project
- Number of years in clinical practice
- Familiarity with culture of outreach project site
- Prior radiology/ultrasound outreach experience
- Answers to the application essay questions
Timing and location of international travel will be determined on a case-by case basis depending on the needs of the specific outreach project.