The RAD-AID Chapters Network now has 80+ Chapter organizations at leading academic medical centers across the US and Canada. Will you be next?
Forming a RAD-AID Chapter at your academic institution enables you to initiate, organize, and manage your own international radiology projects in service to resource-limited regions of the world. As a registered RAD-AID Chapter, you can receive vital resources and guidance needed to build your international radiology and global health projects. It’s also important to do your annual renewal of the RAD-AID Chapter so that your Chapter continues to grow and flourish in service to the world.
Potential projects your chapter may consider undertaking include research, education initiatives, overseas mission work, technical innovations, conference participation, and more. RAD-AID Chapters are also encouraged to work with other universities both locally and abroad to implement projects that benefit the radiology needs of underserved populations around the world.
Eligibility and Application Requirements for New and Renewing Chapters
1. RAD-AID Chapters must be academic medical centers located in the United States and accredited by Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), or in Canada and accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS).
2. Initial applications to start a chapter and renewal applications must have the signatures of three members and the signature of the director or lead administrator for your department (such as Section/Division Chief, Residency/Fellowship/Training Program Director, Department Chair/Director).
3. Chapters submit a yearly payment (via check or online) of $200 to RAD-AID to start and maintain the chapter’s active status in the network.
4. Please review the RAD-AID Travel Policy document.
Application Process – Starting and renewing your RAD-AID Chapter entails a 2-step process:
1. Download the Chapter Activation (Renewal) Form (below), to be printed and signed by three of your members and signed by one faculty leader at your institution.
2. Complete the online application which entails entering your contact information, uploading the signed Chapter Formation Document (from step 1), and submitting the online payment of $200.
If you wish to have more information about the RAD-AID Chapters Network, you are welcome to read our benefits and FAQs pages (which are also included in the above Chapter Action Form Download.) Thank you for your interest in forming a RAD-AID Chapter at your institution. We look forward to working with you to bring vital medical imaging services to developing countries. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!