2021 RAD-AID Conference on International Radiology and Global Health
The 2021 RAD-AID Conference on Global Health Radiology for Low-Resource Regions & Medically Underserved Communities is in its 13th year! Register here. CME and CE credits will be available for participating physicians, nurses, technologists, sonographers and radiation therapists. Our conference focuses on charitable efforts to bring life-saving radiological services to those in need for solving global health disparities.
The conference will be held virtually on Saturday-Sunday, Nov 6-7. Usually, RAD-AID Conference is hosted by the World Health Organization at the Pan American Health Organization Building in Washington DC. Due to the success of our 2020 virtual conference with over 500 registrants, and to support many countries struggling with COVID-19 and ongoing travel restrictions, we will again offer a virtual format in 2021. RAD-AID may (TBD) offer an on-site (virtual + in person hybrid) version of this conference in Washington DC (at no extra registration cost), for which our registration form will ask you if you would like to be considered for that possible in-person event participation.
Our 2021 conference events will include general audience speaker presentations and multiple small group interactive breakout sessions. This way, you can virtually meet other participants in small groups and discuss global health outreach projects to bring essential life-saving medical imaging to resource-poor regions throughout the world. Based on very positive feedback from last year, we will again feature interactive games for fun breaks during the 2-day conference.
CME/CE and Contact Hour credits will be available for participants. Last year’s RAD-AID Conference conferred 12 CME/CE/Contact Hour credits for physicians, technologists, and nurses, respectively. Topics to be covered at the RAD-AID Conference are shown below. The lineup of speakers and schedule will be provided and updated over the next few months. On social media, we will use #RADAID2021 to share more about this event. Register here.
Topics will include:
- On-Site and Online Tele-Ultrasound Support in Low and Middle-Income Countries
- Interventional Radiology: Tele-IR and Simulation for Education in Africa
- Point-of-Care Women’s Health Ultrasound for the Caribbean and African Settings
- Building Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging for Low-Resource Regions: Starting with Ghana
- Building Outreach for Solving Racial Health Disparities in the United States
- Patient Navigators and Radiology Capacity Building in High and Low-Income Countries
- Ultrasound Outreach in Tanzania, Malawi, and Laos
- Breast Imaging Strategies in Kenya
- Artificial Intelligence: Teach-Try-Use Model in Guyana and Nigeria
- Is Radiology AI Fair & Equitable in Africa and Latin America? Case Studies from Africa and South America on Potential Racial Bias in AI
- Cervical Health in Comprehensive Global Health Strategies
- How to Volunteer and Get Involved in RAD-AID
- The Art and Science of Volunteering Virtually
- Ethiopia Radiology Development
- Geographic Information Systems: New Maps for Global Health Radiology in Kenya, Tanzania, and Guyana
- South Pacific and Indonesia: Outreach Across Islands and Institutions
- RAD-AID Chapters Updates: Projects and Mentorship for Staff, Trainees & Students
- Radiology Nurses in Global Health: Accelerating Our Progress in IV Contrast Training, IR, and Ultrasound
- PACS: Remote Installations During COVID for Low-Resource Hospitals
- Radiation Oncology: Therapists, Oncologists, and Dosimetrists. Programs in Kenya, Peru, and Ethiopia
- Medical Physicists: Safety, Quality and Educational Strategies in Low and Middle-Income Countries
- Radiology Project Opportunities in Botswana.
- New Program: RAD-AID Mongolia
- Breast Health Navigation in Radiology Global Health: Empowering Access and Health Literacy.
Registration rates for the event are as follows, and proceeds are used to support RAD-AID’s global health charitable work around the world.
- $99 for Physicians (attendings/private practice/academic faculty)
- $45 for Residents and Fellows (MDs and DOs)
- $45 for Technologists, Therapists, Sonographers, Dosimetrists, and Nurses
- $35 for All Students (Masters, PhD, MD, BA, Technologist, Nursing, etc)
- $55 for All Other (Business, Nonprofit, Admin, Engineering, and Other Professionals)