UNC Global Radiology, a RAD-AID Chapter
Creating a global radiology community through education, collaboration, and innovation
The UNC-Chapel Hill RAD-AID Chapter was founded in 2012 by the UNC School of Medicine’s Division of Radiologic Science and the Department of Radiology. We participate in and provide support to RAD-AID Kenya, RAD-AID Malawi, the RAD-AID USA Program’s Women’s Healthcare Access Initiative, and other RAD-AID regional programs. All members of the UNC-CH community are welcome.
Global Health Faculty Advisors
- Melissa Culp, MEd, RT(R)(MR) is the Founder and Chapter Chief of the UNC RAD-AID Chapter. She is a long-time volunteer and supporter of RAD-AID International. At UNC, she is an Associate Professor of Radiology and the Director of UNC Global Radiology.
- Robert G Dixon, MD, FSIR is Program Manager, RAD-AID Kenya. At UNC, he is a Professor of Radiology in VIR and the Interventional Radiology Program Director.
- Cherie Kuzmiak, DO, FACR, FSBI is a radiologist volunteer with the RAD-AID USA Program. At UNC, she is a Professor of Radiology and the Division Chief of Breast Imaging.
- Katrina McGinty, MD is a member of the RAD-AID Malawi leadership team. At UNC, she is an Associate Professor of Radiology in Abdominal Imaging.
Global Health Opportunities
- UNC RAD-AID Chapter members have volunteered with RAD-AID regional programs in Ethiopia, Ghana, Guyana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, rural North Carolina, and Tanzania.
- Information for Medical Students
- Information for Nurses
- Information for Radiologic Technologists
- Information for Radiology Residents
- For more details about the UNC RAD-AID Chapter, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org