UNC Global Radiology, a RAD-AID Chapter
Creating a global radiology community through education, collaboration, and innovation
The UNC-Chapel Hill RAD-AID Chapter was founded in 2012 by the UNC School of Medicine’s Division of Radiologic Science and the Department of Radiology. We participate in and provide support to RAD-AID Kenya, RAD-AID Malawi, and other RAD-AID regional programs. Read more about our work.
Global Health Faculty Advisors
- Melissa Culp, MEd, RT(R)(MR) is the Director of UNC Global Radiology and a Clinical Associate Professor of Radiology. She is the Founder and Chapter Chief of the UNC RAD-AID Chapter.
- Robert G. Dixon, MD, FSIR is the faculty lead for Kenya initiatives, the Interventional Radiology Program Director, and a Clinical Professor of Radiology. He serves as Program Manager of RAD-AID Kenya.
- Cherie Kuzmiak, DO, FACR, FSBI is the Division Chief of Breast Imaging and a Professor of Radiology. She participates with the North Carolina Piedmont Health Services Initiative.
- Katrina McGinty, MD is the faculty lead for Malawi initiatives and a Clinical Associate Professor of Radiology. She coordinates with UNC Project Malawi and volunteers with RAD-AID Malawi.
Global Health Opportunities
- UNC RAD-AID Chapter members have volunteered with RAD-AID regional programs in Ethiopia, Ghana, Guyana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, rural North Carolina, and Tanzania.
- Information for Medical Students
- Information for Nurses
- Information for Radiologic Technologists
- Information for Radiology Residents
- For more details about the UNC RAD-AID Chapter, please contact email@example.com