Welcome to the RAD-AID Chapter of Massachusetts General Hospital
Founding Faculty: Dr. Theresa McLoud, Dr. Michael Gee and Dr. David Rosman
The Department of Radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital is thrilled to join the RAD-AID community. We seek to address unmet medical imaging needs in resource limited countries through partnerships, education and infrastructure development. We are proud to have residents, fellows and attendings embark on a variety of projects. Please read more about our projects here.
- Alan Schweitzer (Chief Technology Officer of MGH Imaging) has works extensively with RAD-AID. Examples of his work include:
- Luang Prabang, Laos (August 2018): Traveled with RAD-AID team to install Ambra Health PACS at Laos Friends Hospital for Children.
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (February 2018): Sponsored by RAD-AID, managed implementation of MedWeb PACS at Black Lion Hospital.
- Dhanghadi, Nepal (October 2017): Traveled with a RAD-AID team to assess PACS readiness for Seti Zonal Hospital.
- Kathmandu, Nepal (November 2016): Traveled with a RAD-AID team and installed Ambra cloud PACS at the National Trauma Center and Chirayu Hospital. Subsequently followed up and remotely installed eFilm workstations at both sites for clinical review.
- Connie Chang (Musculoskeletal radiology)
- Visited private and public hospitals in Kunming, Xishuanbanna and Meng Lian in China to build relationships and partner with radiologists with the ultimate goal of addressing appropriate usage of imaging modalities, radiation safety, quality assurance and research processes.
- Connie Lehman (Breast radiology)
- Launched early breast cancer detection program in Uganda.
- Michael Gee (Pediatric/ Abdominal radiology) and Camilo Jaimes (former resident/ fellow):
- Developed MRI protocols for pediatric and adult patients at the Black Lion and St. Paul’s Hospitals in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- David Rosman (Abdominal radiology):
- Started the first radiology residency program in Rwanda at the Central Hospital of the University of Rwanda in Kigala.
- Ranu Shailam (Pediatric radiology):
- Reviewed teleradiology cases for Partners in Health in Haiti.
- Jae Song (former Neuroradiology fellow):
- Implemented PACS at the Muhimbili National Hospital and Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute in Tanzania.
- Sjirk Westera (Pediatric radiology):
- Taught at the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Center in Moshi, Tanzania as part of the RSNA International Visiting Professor Program.
- We offer a four-week elective global radiology rotation for senior residents and fellows in Rwanda that provides trainees with experience practicing radiology in a resource-limited environment with a diverse array of patient pathology. Trainees will also give didactic lectures to Rwandan radiology residents and consultants and coordinate case conferences between Mass General and Rwandan radiologists.
- We also offer individualized one-week experiences for radiology trainees to partner with Mass General radiologists engaged in global health outreach programs in South America, Asia and Africa.
- Theresa McLoud, MD, (email@example.com)
- Michael Gee, MD, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- David Rosman, MD (email@example.com)