The Integris Baptist Medical Center (IBMC) RAD-AID group was founded in 2018 by radiology residents and faculty interested in the common ground between diagnostic/interventional radiology and global health. Our residents and faculty bring prior global health experience from time spent in southeast Asia, Haiti and Mexico. As a newly-founded chapter, we are excited to network and get more involved with ongoing projects in the greater RAD-AID organization.
Potential future projects:
- Teleradiology remote-reading and interpretation of CT scans, ultrasounds and radiographs for the Hopital Universitaire de Mirebalais in Mirebalais, Haiti, in conjunction with Partners in Health
- Organizing/participating in yearly global health trips abroad with the RAD-AID organization
- Establishing an ACGME-accredited global health rotation for upper level IBMC radiology residents which will include participation in global health activities & experience teaching/mentoring lower-level residents
- Current faculty advisor: Dr. Iwan Tjauw
- Founding resident members: Dr. Mertalaine Mulatre (R2), Dr. Benjamin Fortson (R1), and Dr. Andrew Moore (R2)
- Please feel free to reach out and contact our current IBMC Radiology Residency Global Health Chair, Andrew Moore, for any questions or additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information on the Integris Baptist Medical Center (IBMC) diagnostic radiology residency, click HERE.